Definition of Web Hosting Plans
A web hosting service concerns depositing and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting distributor. There are various groups of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's take a glimpse at these. In this way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you'd like to create a weblog, email aliases, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various hosts, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file hosting solutions are frequently supported by exhibiting ads beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain interval of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud web hosting". This is a completely improper explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud web hosting platform would assign the load between independent groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various web hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud web hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is good if you want to share a large amount of pictures with mates or acquaintances since the service is typically free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to handling your mail aliases. Some firms provide web hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you would like to have a mail address with your domain but do not desire to run a site, then the e-mail web hosting service is what you want. You can open e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domain. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a given amount of CPU load, so with several video files and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to use as many video files as you desire without bothering about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to run a site. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At you can view shared web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limits based on the form of web hosting service that you've chosen - a free web hosting account, a paid shared website hosting plan, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for specific web content only.